|Nevada State Senate, Clark 6|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
|Profession||Marketing and Public Relations|
Copening earned her B.A. in Communication Studies from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Her professional experience includes working in Marketing and Public Relations.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Copening served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Copening served on these committees:
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2008
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 6 District (2008)|
|Allison Copening (D)||23,751||53.14%|
In 2008, Copening collected $354,264 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|White Rabbit PAC||$10,000|
|Searchlight Leadership Fund||$10,000|
|Laborers Local 169||$10,000|
|Clark County Education Association||$10,000|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Allison + Copening + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Allison Copening's Official Nevada State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Allison Copening," accessed November 19, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Allison Copening," accessed November 19, 2014
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 6 District
| Succeeded by|
Mark Hutchison (R)