Nevada State Senate, Washoe 2
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
Edwards defeated Gary Schmidt in the June 8 primary by a margin of 4139-2,773. Edwards was defeated in the November 2, 2010, general election.
Edwards' website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will aim to be the leader who will fight for a better future for our children and families. I believe that in order to attract business to our state, we can no longer be ranked the lowest in everything we want to be highest in, and highest in everything we want to be lowest in."
- Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt: "I will fight not only to bring green jobs here, but also to make sure those jobs get filled by hard working Nevadans. In order to do this, we need to make sure that our colleges and universities are training students to enter the new “green economy” workforce."
- Excerpt: "Every day I am talking to constituents at the door and on the phones and the message I receive is clear: people have little faith in their government and their elected officials. That is why I vow to do all I can to restore faith in our representatives, and always do what is right for the people."
- Allison Edwards' official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Nevada
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found