|Alabama House of Representatives District 78|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|Master's||Alabama State University|
|Other||OIC, University of Pennsylvania and LLD, Jones School of Law|
Holmes is currently a college professor and real estate broker.
Holmes served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Alvin Holmes was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tijuana Adetunji was unopposed in the Republican primary. Holmes will face Adetunji in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 78 General Election (2010)|
|Alvin Holmes (D)||7,349|
|Larry Thomas (I)||1,313|
Holmes raised $120,812 for his campaign.
In 2010, Holmes raised $91,631 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$11,918|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$8,500|
Below are Holmes's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|AL Education Assoc||$5,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
|Fight Back for Justice Fund||$2,500|
In 2006, Holmes raised $120,812 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Education Association||$16,739|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$10,000|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$9,500|
Holmes has one child.
He is a member of the Hutchinson Missionary Baptist Church, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Montgomery Improvement Association, Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Alabama Southern Christian Leadership Conference Board, and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alvin + Holmes + Alabama + House" Alvin Holmes News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Alvin Holmes
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Alvin Holmes
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Holmes
|Alabama House District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|