|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Strafford 6|
|January 8, 2014 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||December 17, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 21|
|2008 - 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of New Hampshire, 1974|
|Ph.D.||Dartmouth College, 1978|
|Place of birth||Amesbury, MA|
Merrill earned her B.A. from the University of New Hampshire in 1974 and her Ph.D. from Dartmouth College in 1978. Her professional experience includes working as a fundraiser.
Merrill was previously a member of the following committees:
- Energy, Environment and Economic Development
- Public and Municipal Affairs
- Election Law and Veterans' Affairs Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
- Wildlife, Fish and Game and Agriculture Committee, New Hampshire State Senate
Merrill won election in the 2013 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives Sixth Strafford District. The seat was vacant following Phil Ginsburg's (D) resignation after he moved out of the district. Merrill defeated Deidre Lepkowski (R) in the special election, which took place on December 17, 2013.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Sixth Strafford District, Special Election, 2013|
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 21 General election (2010)|
|Amanda Merrill (R)||9,634|
|Peter Angerhofer (D)||7,931|
On November 4, 2008, Amanda Merrill won the election for New Hampshire State Senate, District 21 with 17,970 votes.
Merrill raised $56,909 for her campaign.
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 21 (2008)|
|Amanda Merrill (D)||17,970|
In 2010, a year in which Merrill was up for re-election, she collected $55,820 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|New Hampshire State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Merrill's campaign in 2010|
|Gallagher Callahan & Gartrell||$1,250|
|New Hampshire Auto Dealers Association||$1,200|
|New Hampshire Independent Pharmacy Association||$1,000|
|Professional Fire Fighters Of New Hampshire||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$55,820|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Amanda Merrill's 2008 campaign.
|Estabrook for State Senate||$5,000|
|New Hampshire Independent Pharmacy Association||$2,500|
|Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire||$2,000|
Merrill and her husband, Kenneth, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amanda + Merrill + New + Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- fosters.com, "Merrill files for state rep special election," October 24, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State - Official Candidate List
- Silo Breaker, "Merrill wins special election for N.H. House," December 18, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "Official election results," accessed January 8, 2014
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Amanda's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 contribution reports
|New Hampshire State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
Martha Fuller Clark (D)