|California State Senate District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||March 25, 2014|
is a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 25
of the California State Senate
. She is also a 2014 special election
candidate for District 23
of the California State Senate
Fuller's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, I will introduce and support legislation that increases support for special education needs and ensure that all federal funding is allocated to these programs to assist local education agencies."
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, I will provide real solutions for the economic and housing crisis in California affecting voters in district 25 and statewide. The housing crisis is a multi-level crisis in California and nationwide, which requires a multi-level strategy to correct."
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, I will introduce healthcare Initiative to reduce costs by expanding our outpatient services and preventative medicine programs. Cost of healthcare increases when preventative health programs are not available to all Californians."
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, I will introduce legislation that offers homebuilders tax credit for building affordable green homes and businesses."
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, I will introduce legislation to address abuse of power of attorney to protect senior rights."
- Excerpt: "I will introduce legislation to streamline the voter registrar systems for management multiple districts."
Senate District 23
- See also: California state legislative special elections, 2014
A special election for the position of California State Senate District 23 has been called for March 25, with a runoff if necessary on June 3. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 31. The seat is vacant following William Emmerson's (R) resignation on December 1, 2013, when he stated his passion for the position had waned. Ameenah Fuller (D), Ronald J. O'Donnell (D), Mike Morrell (R), Crystal Ruiz (R) and Jeff Hewitt (L) will face off in the special election on March 25.
Senate District 25
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014.
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Fuller ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 25. She was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 25 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Ameenah Fuller
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ameenah + Fuller + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ameenah Fuller News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed February 5, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ latimes.com, "Special election for state Senate seat set for March 25," December 5, 2013
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "State Senate District 23* - Special Election," accessed December 9, 2013
- ↑ California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- ↑ California Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results