America Chuck Middleton
|America "Chuck" Middleton|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 85|
|1996 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 7, 1995|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||December 10, 1959|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Middleton attended Alcorn State University and the American Technical Institute. His professional experience includes working as a businessman. Middleton served in the United States Army.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Middleton served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Interstate Cooperation, Vice Chair|
|• State Library|
|• Workforce Development|
Note: Middleton also served on the Select Committee on Select Committee on Accountability, Efficiency and Transparency.
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Middleton served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Enrolled Bills, Chair|
|• Public Property|
|• Select Cmte on Utility Cost Recovery|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
On November 8, 2011, Middleton won re-election to District 85 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He defeated Jeffery Harness in the August 2 primary and was unopposed in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 85 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Chuck Middleton Incumbent||56.7%||2,983|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 85 (2007)|
|America "Chuck" Middleton (D)||6,050||100.00%|
In 2011, Middleton received $16,900 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to America Chuck Middleton's campaign in 2011|
|Johnny Stringer PAC||$2,000|
|Friends Of Cecil Brown||$1,000|
|House Democratic Leadership Of Mississippi||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$16,900|
|Total Votes received in 2011||6,939|
|Cost of each vote received||$2.44|
In 2007, Middleton collected $9,000 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi House Democratic Leadership||$2,000|
|Electric Power Associates of Mississippi||$800|
|Mississippi Power Co.||$500|
|Home Builders Association||$500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Middleton is the founder of Friends for Progress.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term America + Chuck + Middleton + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Middleton
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, 2007 Democratic primary certification
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to America Chuck Middleton
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 85
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |