|Amos Scott Powers|
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee Tech University|
Powers earned his B.A. in political science from Tennessee Tech University. He is currently working towards a M.A. in diplomacy. He served for two years in the AmeriCorps Program.
Powers ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 6th District. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Diane Black (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 6 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Diane Black Incumbent||71.1%||115,190|
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amos + Powers + Tennessee + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Tennessee's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Tennessee's 6th Congressional District
- Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2014
- Huffington Post, "Election 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- Amos Powers, "About," accessed April 9, 2014