|Georgia House of Representatives, District 95|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Regmi's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Bringing Jobs to Georgia
- Excerpt: "Job creation should be priority # 1 for our General Assembly! Nearly 3 out of 4 new Georgia jobs are created by small and medium size businesses."
Investing in Smart Education
- Excerpt: "Our students and teachers have suffered through too many severe cuts to our education system and its unfairly allocated resources. Georgia’s education budget must be protected and increased to ensure that our teachers have the tools and support they need to help our children succeed."
Harmonizing our Environment
- Excerpt: "Our municipalities and cities must balance zoning and land sub-division to develop natural, residential and commercial sectors that will support each other. Innovative financing, such as Community Improvement Districts, can assist communities in maintaining control of their resources."
Investing in an Energy Policy
- Excerpt: "My proposal is to create a task force to form a comprehensive and sustainable energy policy for the State of Georgia so we can be assured of a green economy and a clean environment. We must develop a strategic balance and mix of energy sources and diversify the energy sector to help create jobs and to save money in the long run by investing in energy-efficient technology."
- Excerpt: "Georgia must have an Ethics Commission that is separate from all politics and answers only to the citizens of this state. Reforming this institution and its support policies, which is long overdue, will separate it entirely from influence from the Governor’s office and the General Assembly and give Georgia’s citizens confidence in its ability to maintain a high standard of ethics in our state."
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Amreeta Regmi is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Thomas R. "Tom" Rice is unopposed in the Republican primary. Regmi will face Rice in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amreeta + Regmi + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia House of Representatives
- Georgia House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia House of Representatives District 95
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Amreeta Regmi on Twitter
- Amreeta Regmi on LinkedIn
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |