|Former candidate for|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 18|
|Master's||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
Beaulieu earned her B.S. in journalism and political science from Culver-Stockton College. She worked as a newspaper editor before earning her master's degree in hospitality administration from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Her professional experience includes working as a meeting planner.
Beaulieu's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I think there are not enough resources for parents with children who have been diagnosed with autism. The parents have to often wait years to get their children into therapy once they have been diagnosed. In the crucial development years that delay puts children even further back on skills. Looking for ways to help parents and their children access services within a reasonable amount of time is important to me."
- Excerpt: "Nevada clearly has a funding issue. We rank at the bottom of every list when it comes to education. The way funds are allocated across the state needs to be reworked. Why we have such a divide between the North and South shouldn’t be based on what part of the state has the most “juice” in the Legislature in a particular session. We are one state. The State of Nevada. There should be a fair formula based on a dollar amount per pupil that is spent. Period. No matter where they are located in the state."
- Excerpt: "I believe that people do have the right to have guns- in a safe and sane way. Kind of like what they call the fireworks around the 4th of July. I believe that criminal background checks help prevent guns from getting in the wrong hands. Not always- there is always a black market for weapons, however, if it is can reduce gun violence than I am for it I do think that people do have the right to have guns in their house- if they are secured properly at all times. There are too many stories of children accessing weapons and accidently [sic] shooting and killing friends, relatives etc. I think the gun owners need to be held responsible for unsecured guns that are used or taken and a crime is committed."
- Excerpt: "Yes, I am for marriage equality. If elected, I would vote for the second appeal by the Legislature to get the ban out of the Nevada constitution so it can go back to the ballot. You should have the freedom to marry the person you want."
- Excerpt: "I think that we should decriminalize it. Too many people are in jail for possession and what good is that doing? I think that some of the broader laws would have to be reexamined as a result- such as driving under the influence – to make sure that marijuana use would be properly covered under it. I don’t personally support smoking marijuana because of the harmful effects on your lungs and body."
Women's Right to Choose
- Excerpt: "Yes, I am pro-choice. I believe it is a woman’s right and her body to make decisions."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Richard Carrillo and Amy Beaulieu were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Carrillo defeated Beaulieu in the general election.
Note: In the Nevada primary system, the top two vote-getters from the same party will advance to the general election if the winner has less than 50% of the vote and if there are no other major party or Independent American Party candidates registered.
|Nevada State Assembly District 18, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Richard Carrillo Incumbent||54.9%||3,951|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amy + Beaulieu + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Assembly
- Nevada State Legislature
- Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
- Nevada State Assembly District 18
- Official campaign website
- Amy Beaulieu on Facebook
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 Filed Candidates"
- Clark County, 2014 candidate list
- Washoe County, 2014 candidate list
- Vote Beaulieu, "About Amy," accessed May 4, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 1, 2014
- Elect Amy Beaulieu for Assembly District 18, "Issues," accessed May 19, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- miamiherald.com, "NV-Uncontested," accessed June 11, 2014 (dead link)