Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Brown's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Supporting Small Business in South Carolina
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, I am aware of the challenges that we encounter from day-to-day operations. Small businesses are the backbone of rural communities like ours. We need to be equipped with the tools to attract commerce large and small. If elected, I will work to promote the interests of small businesses in South Carolina, particularly in rural areas and in the 53rd District."
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Amy Brown defeated Anthony Waymyers in the Democratic primary. Richie Yow was unopposed in the Republican primary. Brown was defeated by Yow in the general election. Denny Neilson (R) was not certified for the primary.
|South Carolina State House, District 53, General Election, 2014|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 53 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Amy M. Brown||51.3%||2,092|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Amy + Brown + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- Democracy.com, "Amy Brown: Issues," accessed September 29, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |