|Central Valley Board of Directors, District 5|
|Years in position||3|
|Board Vice President|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Washington State University|
|Master's||California State University|
Mason earned a B.A. in Elementary Education from Washington State University and a M.A. in Humanities from California State University. She was a high school English and Spanish teacher from 1994 to 1999. Mason has been active with the Superintendent's Parent Advisory Committee and as a coach with local youth soccer clubs. She has two children who are currently attending district schools.
Mason sought her first full term on the board without opposition on November 5, 2013.
|Central Valley Board of Directors, Four-year term, District 5, 2013|
|Source: Spokane County Elections, "Election Results," November 26, 2013|
Mason reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Mason was appointed to the District 5 seat in June 2011 and won election to a two-year unexpired term without opposition on November 8, 2011.
|Central Valley Board of Directors, District 5, 2011|
|Source: Spokane County Elections, "Election Results," November 29, 2011|
What was at stake?
Incumbents Mason and Tom Dingus won re-election to seats in Districts 2 and 5 without opposition on November 5, 2013.
About the district
Spokane Valley lags behind the rest of Washington based on median income, poverty levels and higher education achievement. The 2010 U.S. Census found the median income in Spokane Valley was $47,759 while the state median income was $58,890. The city's poverty rate was 13.7% compared to the state's 12.5% poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (19.5%) was lower than the state average (31.4%).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amy + Mason + Central + Valley + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- DailyDAC, LLC Founder Jonathan Friedland Selected to the 2014 Illinois Super ... - PR Web (press release)
- Events in Westchester for Jan. 26 to Feb. 1 - New York Times
- TGIF: Happenings -- a look at what's coming up in Northeast Ohio - News-Herald.com
- Timothy Ladin Joins DailyDAC LLC - PR Web (press release)
- High School - Quad City Times
- Results from the Lavino Relays - NJ.com
- 2013 Year In Review: Part Two - Crawford county avalanche
- Commercial Law League of America and DailyDAC, LLC Enter into Strategic ... - PR Web (press release)
- look back at a memorable year - Danbury News Times
- Central Valley School District, "Meet the School Board," Accessed October 1, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," Accessed December 17, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Spokane Valley," Accessed October 24, 2013
- Washington Secretary of State, "Pre-2004 Election Results," Accessed August 5, 2013
- Spokane County Elections, "Results and Statistics from Previous Elections," Accessed August 5, 2013