For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Vermont House of Representatives, District Addison-1|
|January 7, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Addison-1 has two state representatives. Incumbent Betty Nuovo and Amy Sheldon defeated Donna Donahue in the Democratic primary. Calvin McEathron and Thomas Hughes are running as Independent candidates. Nuovo, Sheldon, McEathron and Hughes all earned enough votes in their respective primaries to appear on the general election ballot. In addition to joining Nuovo as a Democratic candidate, Sheldon appeared on the ballot as a Vermont Progressive Party candidate. Nuovo and Sheldon defeated McEathron and Hughes in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Addison-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Betty A. Nuovo Incumbent||30.4%||1,163|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Amy + Sheldon + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Profile from the Vermont General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Vermont State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Amy Sheldon on Facebook
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014