|Iowa State Senate District 14|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Wayne County Board of Supervisors|
Sinclair's professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sinclair served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
Sinclair's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Education is a top priority for Amy. She will advocate for strong local control of schools; improved teacher, student and parent accountability; and renewed pre-eminence for Iowa’s educational system."
- "To make southern Iowa and our great state flourish, it is vital we reduce the cumbersome regulations that inhibit economic growth."
- "Amy believes a government that governs least is the best and that the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people."
- "She has been elected twice to the Wayne County Board of Supervisors. She understands the importance of economic development in our rural areas, and that agriculture is the backbone of Iowa’s economy."
- "Amy believes in traditional values. She serves God, honors human life, and supports marriage."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Sinclair ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 14. She defeated Stephanie Jones and Steven Everly in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Sinclair defeated Dick Schrad (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate, District 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Sinclair is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sinclair raised a total of $66,989 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Amy Sinclair's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 14||$66,989|
|Grand Total Raised||$66,989|
2012Sinclair won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Sinclair raised a total of $66,989.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amy Sinclair's campaign in 2012|
|Iowans For Tax Relief||$12,000|
|Sinclair, Amy B||$7,029|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Master Builders of Iowa||$1,500|
|Lyon County Republican Central Cmte||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$66,989|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Amy + Sinclair + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- City of Newton transfers agreements - Journal Express
- Walt Rogers announces more endorsements - Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier
- Sinclair to focus on infrastructure issues - Journal Express
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Amy Sinclair on Facebook
- Amy Sinclair on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Pam Jochum (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|