For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Anaheim Union High School District, California
|Anaheim Union High School District|
|Number of schools:||21|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Brian O'Neal|
|Term length:||4 years|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Anaheim Union High School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the district
Anaheim Union High School District is located in Orange County, California. The county seat of Orange County is Santa Ana. Orange County was home to 3,114,363 residents in 2013, according to the United States Census Bureau.
Orange County outperformed the rest of California in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 36.6 percent of Orange County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 30.5 percent for California as a whole. The median household income for Orange County was $75,566 compared to $61,400 for the state of California. The percentage of people below poverty level for Orange County was 11.7 percent while it was 15.3 percent for the state of California.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
Michael Matsuda is the superintendent of Anaheim Union High School District. He was appointed as superintendent in March 2014. Matsuda is also a member of the North Orange County Community College District board. Matsuda earned his bachelor's degree from the University of California Los Angeles and his master's degree from University of Southern California. He has worked as an educator in the Anaheim Union High School District for 21 years.
|Anaheim Union High School District Board of Trustees|
|Anna L. Piercy||At-large||2018|
|Katherine H. Smith||At-large||2016|
School board elections
Members of the Anaheim Union High School Board are elected to four-year terms on a staggered basis every even-numbered election year. The general election for three seats was held on November 4, 2014, and two seats will be up for election in 2016.
Public participation in board meetings
The board of trustees maintains the following policy regarding public participation in board meetings.
Provisions for permitting any individual or group to address the board concerning any item on the agenda of a special meeting, or to address the board at a regular meeting on any subject that lies within the jurisdiction, shall be as follows.
1. Five minutes may be allotted to each speaker and a maximum of twenty minutes to each subject matter.
2. No boisterous conduct shall be permitted at any board meeting. Persistence in boisterous conduct shall be grounds for summary termination, by the chair, of that person's privilege of address.
"Any person who willfully disturbs any public school or any public school meeting is guilty of a misdemeanor, and shall be punished by a fine or not more than five hundred dollars ($500)." (Education Code 32210)
3. No oral presentation shall include charges or complaints against any employee of the board, regardless of whether or not the employee is identified in the presentation by name or by another reference which tends to identify. All charges or complaints against employees shall be submitted to the board under provisions of board policy. (cf. 91204--Complaints Concerning School Personnel)
—Anaheim Union High School District's website, (2014), 
The table below displays the budget for Anaheim Union High School District:
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Anaheim Union High School District employed 1,277 K-12 teachers during the 2011-12 school year. Teacher salaries are categorized based on higher education achievement, professional development and years of service. A teacher with a bachelor's degree can earn higher salaries by pursuing graduate courses with raises at credit intervals. The salary schedule also accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The following table details the salary schedule negotiated between the district and the California Teachers Association for 2012-2013:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
|B.A. + 30||50,857||89,403|
|B.A. + 45 or M.A.||55,181||93,721|
|B.A. + 60 w/M.A. or Doctorate||60,123||98,662|
Schools in Anaheim Union High School District
Anaheim Union High School District served 31,889 students during the 2013-2014 school year. Enrollment in the district decreased by 4.1 percent from 2009 to 2013.
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Anaheim Union High School District operates 21 schools, which are listed below in alphabetical order:
|Anaheim Union High School District|
|Ball Junior High|
|Brookhurst Junior High|
|Community Day/Alternative Education/Special Education|
|Dale Junior High|
|Gilbert High (Continuation)|
|John F. Kennedy High|
|Lexington Junior High|
|Orangeview Junior High|
|South Junior High|
|Sycamore Junior High|
|Walker Junior High|
California STAR program
California's Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) program, which includes the California Standards Tests (CST), the California Modified Assessment (CMA) and the California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA), measures the achievement of California content standards for grades two through 11. STAR results include English-language arts and mathematics in grades two through 11, science in grades five and eight through 11, and history-social science in grades eight, 10 and 11. In high school, math and science tests reflect the course in which the student is enrolled. There are four benchmarks to indicate a student's proficiency on STAR; below basic, basic, proficient and advanced. "Proficient" or "Advanced" indicates that a student is meeting or exceeding state standards, which is the desired achievement goal for all students.
|STAR Results, % of Proficient/Advanced Students, 2012-2013|
|History - Social Science||50%||49%|
- California school districts
- List of school districts in California
- Anaheim Union High School District elections (2014)
- School board elections portal
- Anaheim Union High School District
- California Teachers Association
- Anaheim, California
- Orange County, California
- California Department of Education
- California School Board Association
- Education Data Partnership, "District Reports: Accountability (API/AYP/Performance)," accessed November 25, 2014
- Education Data Partnership, "District Reports: Profile of District," accessed November 25, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Orange County, California," accessed July 11, 2014
- Orange County Registrar of Voters, "Election Results Archive," accessed July 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Nick Gerda, New Anaheim.com, "Mike Matsuda Appointed Superintendent of Anaheim District," March 12, 2014
- Art Marroquin, Orange County Register, "Veteran official gets nod as Anaheim Union superintendent," March 19, 2014
- Anaheim Union High School District, "Board of Trustees," accessed May 1, 2014
- Orange Union High School District, "Election Results Archives: 2012 General Election," accessed July 11, 2014
- Orange County Registrar of Voters, "Contest/Candidate Proof List General Election 2014," accessed August 18, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Anaheim Union High School District, "Meeting Conduct," accessed May 1, 2014
- Anaheim Union High School District, "Proposed Budget, 2014-2015," accessed December 9, 2014
- Education Data Partnership, "District Reports: Teacher Salaries," accessed November 25, 2014
- Anaheim Union High School District, "2012/2013 TEACHERS’ SALARY SCHEDULE," accessed May 1, 2014
- Anaheim Union High School District, "Our Schools," accessed May 1, 2014
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |