|Running for Maine State Senate, District 10|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Maine State Senate, District 33|
|December 5, 2012-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cushing served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Labor, Commerce, Research and Economic Development|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Jaric Fontaine was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 33 incumbent Andre Cushing was unopposed in the Republican primary. Cushing faces Fontaine in the general election.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Cushing won election in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 33. He ran and won against James Emerson in the Republican primary on June 12, 2012, and was defeated by Sherman Leighton (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Maine State Senate, District 33 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Cushing is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cushing raised a total of $46,062 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Andre Cushing's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 33||$46,062|
|Grand Total Raised||$46,062|
2012Cushing won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Cushing raised a total of $46,062.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andre Cushing's campaign in 2012|
|Capital Leadership Pac||$700|
|Katz, Roberta N||$700|
|Lafayette III, John D||$700|
|Prosperity for Maine Pac||$700|
|Katz, Roger J||$700|
|Total Raised in 2012||$46,062|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Cushing and his wife, Gwen, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andre + Cushing + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Sen. Cushing's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Maine Summary Vote Totals," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Cushing, Andre," accessed September 12, 2013
Debra Plowman (R)
|Maine Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|