|Former candidate for|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 130|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina|
|Profession||Real Estate developer|
Basile graduated from the University of North Carolina. His professional experience includes working as a real estate developer.
Basile's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "If you want to eliminate the School Property Tax - Eliminate the Party Leadership. Replace the legislature with real fighters who have the political courage to serve those who elected them, not merely the political ambition to serve themselves and those they’re politically beholden to."
On Common Core
- Excerpt: "There are a few things government does well and many things government does not do well. Common Core is one of those initiatives the government is not and was not designed to execute."
- Excerpt: "Andrew will push for pension reform so that those who have earned their retirement keep it, however those entering the system become part of a sustainable program that does not bankrupt school systems and require taxpayer bailouts."
- Excerpt: "Creating an environment that will encourage employers to relocate to Pennsylvania and in particular to develop their operations in Berks County."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent David Maloney defeated Andrew Basile in the Republican primary, while Russell Diesinger was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Diesinger withdrew from the race on July 15, 2014, and was replaced by David Kessler. Maloney defeated Kessler in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 130 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||David Maloney Incumbent||62%||11,177|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 130 Republican Primary, 2014|
|David Maloney Incumbent||65.6%||2,342|
Basile and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Basile + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 130
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- www.andrewbasile130.com, "Meet Andrew," accessed May 8, 2014
- www.andrewbasile130.com, "Andrew on the Issues," accessed May 8, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |