Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 2|
Casazza's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Funding the education our kids deserve
- Excerpt: "As your legislator, I will work to stop this diversion of funds, and lobby to create several concise funding bills rather than our current large, omnibus education bill (HB 4228).As a resident of Michigan, I am excited to see that our education will be now held to a national standard. The adoption of the Common Core is something that I strongly support."
Putting resources where they are needed most
- Excerpt: "Over the past several years, crime in our district has reached a critical level. We need to ensure that state police funding is going directly to our most vulnerable neighborhoods - those that exceed the national violent crime rate. As your legislator, I will work to expand our state police grant system to do just that. "
Emergency Manager and Detroit's Bankruptcy
- Excerpt: "I will work to ensure that when the Emergency Manager's term is up, the power is restored to the elected individuals who can be held accountable by the people. I have the utmost faith in newly-elected Mayor Duggan and will advocate for his administration's takeover of city management at the conclusion of Kevyn Orr's term. Further, we must protect the pensions of the hard working men and women that depend on them during Detroit's bankruptcy."
Taxes and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "The tax burden must be removed from the hard working men and women that make our communities great. I support gradually reducing the state income tax to 3.9 % and easing state property taxes."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Alberta Tinsley-Talabi defeated Andrew Casazza and Bill Miller in the Democratic primary. Daniel Lamar was unopposed in the Republican primary. Tinsley-Talabi defeated Lamar in the general election. Danetta Simpson ran as an independent candidate but was disqualified before the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Alberta Tinsley-Talabi Incumbent||69.4%||17,369|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Alberta Tinsley-Talabi Incumbent||64.6%||5,413|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Casazza + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 2
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- andrew4rep.com, "Andrew's Plan," accessed July 21, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |