Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27|
Cissell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Andrew feels that Michigan’s economy would prosper by embracing the necessary environmental consciousness that would spur growth by creating development opportunities for the benefit of all economic classes. Andrew believes in supporting emerging renewable energy technology for the purpose of local economic growth and environmental responsibility."
- Excerpt: "Support of the local and global environment, both through industrial regulation and green development, Andrew believes, shows respect for the global environment while leading to a better quality of life for each local individual simultaneously breaking the cycle of passing environmental issues to the next generation."
- Excerpt: "Andrew believes that financing our education system should be the top priority for the growth of our state so that our youth will become competitive in an emerging global market. The future success of our state depends upon changing the dynamic of the current system to refocus on the importance of giving our future generations an advantage over competing climates."
- Excerpt: "Michigan has a lobbyist-driven economy of its own in corrections which encourages the judicial system to imprison citizens and adopt harsher penalties"
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Robert Wittenberg defeated Andrew Cissell, Joe McHugh, Rudy Serra and Kelli Williams in the Democratic primary. Michael Ryan defeated Mark Manier in the Republican primary. Wittenberg defeated Ryan in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Cissell + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 27
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Andrew Cissell on Facebook
- Andrew Cissell on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- andrewcissell2014.com, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |