was a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 21
of the Nevada State Assembly
Coates's campaign website highlighted the following legislative proposals:
Specific legislative proposals:
- Excerpt: "Giving Nevada teachers the power to write a Nevada curriculum for Nevada students."
- Excerpt: "Modernizing classroom education to prepare students for 21st century workplaces."
- Excerpt: "Reforming teacher evaluations to be more comprehensive and fair."
- Excerpt: "Increasing the number of alternative school models, such as magnet schools."
- Excerpt: "Expanding opportunities for students to pursue career and technical education in high school."
- Excerpt: "Improving college preparation programs to ensure students are actually "college ready."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Andy Eisen ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Derek Armstrong defeated Andrew Coates in the Republican primary. Adam-John Sanacore ran as a Libertarian candidate. Armstrong defeated Eisen and Sanacore in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly District 21, General Election, 2014
|| Andy Eisen Incumbent
|| Adam-John Sanacore
|Nevada State Assembly, District 21 Republican Primary, 2014
| Andrew Coates
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Coates + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Andrew Coates News Feed
- ↑ Coates 4 Nevada, "The Blueprint for the Future," accessed May 19, 2014
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- ↑ Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014