Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Ohio House of Representatives District 16|
Meyer's professional experience includes working as an attorney.
The following campaign themes were highlighted on Meyer's campaign website:
- Excerpt:"Our regional economy needs a new dynamism, new focus, and innovative ideas necessary to retake our place as an economic leader and powerhouse. We have a powerful foothold in the two tremendous growth areas of biomedical research and technology and green jobs. I believe our legislature should provide incentives to cultivate these strengths for the benefit of our larger economy, and help make us the “Silicon Valley” of these fields. We need to focus on the real issue of job creation, not the smoke screen of blaming our teachers and safety forces for our economic problems."
- Excerpt:"As a former substitute public school teacher, I know a child’s education is a long term investment in our future. Our community can’t afford the reckless and extreme cuts to education funding forced on our schools by the current administration. With your help, I will make sure parents, students and educators have the resources they need to prepare our young people for the future. In addition, I support the right of teachers to negotiate in good faith for the supplies, smaller class sizes, and benefits necessary to ensure schools in our District continue to attract the talented professionals we expect in our children’s classrooms."
- Excerpt:"It’s time for our state government to realize that a healthy environment means a healthy Ohio. The current administration has sacrificed our long term future for short term gain all too often. For example, permitting the dangerous method of drilling known as “fracking” in our state parks today will permanently damage one of our most precious resources to the detriment of generations to come. And, green jobs are a true growth area of the international economy in which we have already have an advantage. We can’t afford to ignore the opportunity."
Meyer ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 16. Meyer defeated Todd LeVeck in the March 6 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Nan Baker (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Nan Baker Incumbent||58.1%||34,456|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 16 Primary Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Meyer + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |