Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Sullivan 1|
|2010 - present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schmidt served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schmidt served on this committee:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Constitutional Review and Statutory Recodification|
Ski pass gift exemption
On January 30, 2013, Richardson co-sponsored Gary Coulombe's HB 514. Also co-sponsored by Andy Schmidt, HB 514 would have permitted New Hampshire legislators to accept free ski passes from the government-owned Cannon Mountain ski area. Responding to a January 2012 request from Representative Edmond Gionet, the Chairman Martin Gross of the New Hampshire General Court's Legislative Ethics Committee issued an advisory opinion which said that legislators were banned from accepting Cannon Mountain ski passes because such gifts had a value of more than $25, the maximum acceptable gift under New Hampshire's anti-graft regulations. HB 514 would have created an exemption to the $25 limit specifically for Cannon Mountain ski passes.
On February 20, 2013, the House voted to accept the majority report labeling the bill 'inexpedient to legislate,' effectively killing it.
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Incumbent Andy Schmidt and Lee Walker Oxenham are unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Bill Walker will face Laura Ward and Donald Wenz in the Republican primary.
Schmidt won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Sullivan 1. Schmidt advanced past the September 11 primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Sullivan 1 general election (2010)|
|Andy Schmidt (D)||1,717|
|Benjamin Lefebvre (D)||1,634|
|Laura Ward (R)||1,323|
|Leo Wallin (R)||1,108|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Schmidt was up for re-election, he collected $2,160 in donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Schmidt + New + Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- New Hampshire Watchdog.org, "NH Reps want to ski for free," February 5, 2013
- New Hampshire General Court, "New Hampshire House Bill 0514 (HB 0514)," accessed May 22, 2014
- New Hampshire General Court, "Bill Statues:HB514," accessed May 16, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014