|Delaware State Senate District 6|
|High school||Park View High School (1990)|
|Bachelor's||Longwood University (1995)|
|Master's||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2000)|
- 2000: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, M.S. Management
- 1995: Longwood University, B.A. Political Science, Pre-Law
- 1990: Park View High School
Staton has worked as a realtor and sales professional for the Andy Staton Group of Prudential since 2009. Prior to that, Staton worked from 1996 to 2003 at Booz Allen Hamilton as an associate in policy and strategy.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
Staton ran in the 2012 election for Delaware State Senate District 6. Staton defeated Micheal C. Miller, Sr. and Robert Frederick in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and was defeated by Ernesto B. Lopez in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Delaware State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Delaware State Senate, District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Micheal Miller, Sr.||19.3%||695|
Stanton received an endorsement from Governor Jack Markell on August 14, 2012. Staton also received endorsements from Delaware House majority leader Peter Schwartzkopf (D, Delaware State Senate majority leader Patricia Blevins (D) and Rehoboth Beach Commissioners Patricia Coluzzi, Patrick Gossett and Mark Hunker.
Staton raised $105,697.39 as of August 11, 2012, more than twice any other candidate in the race for the 6th District seat. This figure includes the $83,000 Staton raised since the beginning of 2012. According to his campaign, 70 percent of campaign contributions have been $100 or less.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Andrew + Staton + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Democrat Snyder-Hall files for run at Sussex Co.'s 6th district Senate seat - WDDE 91.1 FM | Delaware's NPR News station
- Andy Staton for State Senate Facebook Page "Info" Accessed September 1, 2012
- Delaware Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, Official Primary Results
- Markell for Delaware "Press Release: Governor Markell Endorses Andy Staton for State Senate" Accessed August 30, 2012
- Washington Blade "Gay Del. Senate candidate sets fundraising record" Accessed September 5, 2012