|Georgia House of Representatives District 110|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Partner, Smith, Welch & Brittain|
Welch served as Chair of the Henry County Chamber of Commerce and on the Henry County Board of Commissioners.
Welch's professional experience includes working as a partner at Smith, Welch & Britain LLP.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Welch served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Code Revision, Vice Chair|
|• Juvenile Justice|
|• Regulated Industries|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Welch served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Children and Youth|
Welch ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 110. Welch ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidate filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Welch ran unopposed in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 110, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andrew Welch Incumbent||100%||16,365|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 110 (2010)|
|Andrew Welch (R)||15,037||66.4%|
|Rudy Cox (D)||7,604||33.6%|
Welch came in first in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 110 - Republican Primary (2010)|
|Lee M. Spahos||2,327||36.0%|
|Tom R. Nicholson||1,712||26.5%|
He faced off with Lee Spahos in a primary runoff on August 10, winning 3,336-2,824.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 110 - Republican Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Lee M. Spahos||2,824||45.8%|
Comprehensive donor information for Welch is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Welch raised a total of $134,692 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Andrew Welch's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 110||$39,510|
|2010||Georgia State House, District 110||$95,182|
|Grand Total Raised||$134,692|
2012Welch won re-election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Welch raised a total of $39,510.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrew Welch's campaign in 2012|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Atlanta Motor Speedway||$2,800|
|Scott, Justin C||$2,500|
|State Farm Insurance||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$39,510|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Welch was up for re-election, he collected $95,182 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Welch Iii, Andrew J (Andy)||$30,790|
Welch and his wife, Cara, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Andrew + Welch + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Andrew Welch on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Andrew Welch on Facebook
- Andrew Welch on Twitter
- ↑ Newt Gingrich 2012, "Slate of Georgia Officials Back Newt Gingrich for President," December 13, 2011
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "July 20, 2010 State Representative primary results
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "August 10, 2010 State Representative primary runoff results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Welch III, Andrew J (Andy)," accessed August 27, 2013
- ↑ 210 contributions
|Georgia House District 110
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |