|Delaware House of Representatives District 32|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce, Vice chair|
|• Housing & Community Affairs, Vice chair|
|• Revenue & Finance|
|• Telecommunication Internet & Technology, Chair|
|• Veterans Affairs|
|• Joint Sunset|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce|
|• Housing & Community Affairs, Vice Chair|
|• Revenue & Finance|
|• Sunset Committee (Policy Analysis & Government Accountability)|
|• Telecommunication Internet & Technology|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent Andria Leigh Bennett was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while William Robert McVay was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bennett defeated McVay in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Andria Leigh Bennett Incumbent||57.6%||1,860|
|Republican||William Robert McVay||42.4%||1,371|
Bennett ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 32. Bennett defeated William McGlumphy in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and defeated Ellis Parrott in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 32 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Andria + Bennett + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 32
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware House of Representatives - Rep. Andria L. Bennett
- Profile from Open States
- Open States - Andria L. Bennett
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
E. Bradford Bennett (D)
|Delaware House of Representatives District 32
| Succeeded by|