|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 92|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M University|
|Master's||Texas A&M University|
|Profession||High School Principal (Retired)|
Cargile earned his B.S and M.S. in Education from Texas A&M University. His professional experience includes working as a high school principal.
Cargile's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Working for academic excellence.
- Excerpt: "For almost four decades, Andy Cargile worked tirelessly to provide our children with the best education possible. He started out as a coach and classroom teacher before serving as principal of Euless Trinity High School where he was named Just for Kids Principal Of The Year. Known as “Mr. C” by thousands of students during his career, Andy has the perfect perspective we need in the Texas House – a personal understanding of the value quality education plays in the future of our state"
Trusted by taxpayers.
- Excerpt: "After retiring as a high school principal, Andy was elected in a landslide as a School Board Trustee for Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD. Bringing his hands-on experience as an educator and his unwavering commitment to getting us the most for our tax dollars, Andy helped the HEB ISD achieve a “Superior Achievement” rating, the highest rating given by the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas based on responsible fiscal management."
Driven by principles, not politics.
- Excerpt: "Ignoring the rhetoric and tired slogans used by so many politicians, Andy’s leadership is based on a refreshing code of conduct – stand strong on principle and always do what’s right for your community. What matters most to Andy is getting results on what’s important in the day to day lives of our families like quality schools, low taxes, a stronger economy and better roads and streets. We can trust Andy to clean up the often-murky political process and put the interests of our community first even if it means taking on members of both political parties."
Committed to our community.
- Excerpt: "Andy has been an active leader in District 92 for more than 30 years. He started the Angel Fund to help at-risk students stay in school, is a lifetime member of the Parent Teacher Association and mentors for the Euless Trinity High School Character Education Program. He and his wife of 45 years, Karen, have two daughters, Kristen and Kourtney, and are the proud grandparents of five grandchildren. He is an Ordained Presbyterian Elder and earned his Bachelor and Master's degrees from Texas A&M Commerce."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Jonathan Stickland defeated Andy Cargile in the Republican primary. Tina Penney was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Penney will face Cargile in the general election.
Cargile and his wife, Karen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Cargile + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- "Andy Cargile For Texas," Official Campaign Website, accessed February 12, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |