Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota Attorney General|
|Minnesota House District 65A|
|J.D.||Temple University School of Law|
|Birthday||July 29, 1950|
Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Dawkins moved to Minnesota in the late 1960s to attend college at Hamline University in St. Paul where he earned his B.A. in history and political science in 1972.
Dawkins has been active politically. He was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in the November 1987 special election. Dawkins filled the district-65A seat vacated by former Speaker of the House Fred Norton (DFL-St. Paul) upon his appointment to the state Court of Appeals. He was re-elected every two years until he opted not to seek re-election in 2002. In 1993, he ran an unsuccessful campaign for mayor of Saint Paul against Norm Coleman.
From 2002 to 2006, Dawkins led the department of Neighborhood Housing and Property Improvement for the city of Saint Paul. In 2006, he returned to the private practice of law joining the law firm of Mansfield, Tanick & Cohen.
Dawkins is running for election to the office of Minnesota Attorney General. Dawkins is seeking the Green Party nomination in the primary on August 12, 2014. He received the green party endorsement on May 17, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Dawkins + Minnesota + Attorney General"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Twin Cities Pioneer Press, "Andy Dawkins to run for attorney general as Green Party candidate," June 3, 2014
- Green Party of the United States, "Andy Dawkins files in Attorney General race," June 3, 2014
- No Contest: Dawkins Will Step Down and Return to Role as Community Advocate So Family Can Finally Unite Under One Roof, Minnesota House of Representatives Session Weekly, Volume 19, Issue 9, March 29, 2002
- Dawkins for AG, "About Andy," accessed August 5, 2014
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library "Dawkins, Andrew J. 'Andy,'" accessed August 5, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |