|Nevada State Assembly, District 21|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Chapparral High School, 1987|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern University, 1991|
|M.D.||Northwestern University, 1994|
|Profession||Pediatrician/associate university dean|
Eisen earned his B.S. in Medicine and his M.D. from Northwestern University in 1991 and 1994, respectively. His professional experience includes working as a physician.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Eisen served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Ways and Means|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Andy Eisen ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Derek Armstrong defeated Andrew Coates in the Republican primary. Adam-John Sanacore ran as a Libertarian candidate. Armstrong defeated Eisen and Sanacore in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly District 21, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Andy Eisen Incumbent||46.5%||5,582|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 21 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Eisen ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 21. Eisen defeated Steve Keith Parke and Fredrick Wilkening in the June 12 primary election and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 21, General Election, 2012|
|Independent American||Les McKay||3.1%||745|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Steve Keith Parke||28.3%||490|
Comprehensive donor information for Eisen is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Eisen raised a total of $123,741 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 25, 2013.
|Andy Eisen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Assembly, District 21||$123,741|
|Grand Total Raised||$123,741|
2012Eisen won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Eisen raised a total of $123,741.
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andy Eisen's campaign in 2012|
|Barbara Buckley Campaign||$8,000|
|Friends Of Marilyn Kirkpatrick||$7,900|
|Committee To Elect Marcus Conklin||$7,500|
|Nevada State Medical Association||$4,500|
|Committee To Elect Richard Carrillo||$3,794|
|Total Raised in 2012||$123,741|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Citizen Outreach: Ratings for the 2013 Nevada Legislature
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills dealing with government regulations, taxes/fees and individual liberty. Citizen Outreach selected 22 Assembly bills and 32 Senate bills to analyze for its scorecard.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute: The 2013 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their voting record concerning economic freedom and education reform.
- Nevada Conservation League: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada: Facing Race – 2013 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity
- Legislators are scored on their votes on education equity, economic equity, health equity and civil rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Eisen + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Andy Eisen on Facebook
- Andy Eisen on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Eisen, Andy," accessed June 25, 2013
- Nevada State Legislature, "Session Information," accessed July 3, 2014
Mark Sherwood (R)
|Nevada State Assembly District 21
| Succeeded by|