|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Helmboldt's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "As a State Representative, Andy will work with small businesses to make sure they have the tools they need to grow and create jobs in our communities."
- Excerpt: "Instead of expanding failed “reform” experiments that strip away local control and oversight of school, Andy wants to expand support for the local teachers and other professionals who are trained to educate our kids. Andy will also work to restore cuts that have taken money out of our classrooms and provide more support to schools who serve our most vulnerable children."
- Excerpt: "Andy supports repealing the unfair pension tax that helped pay for $1.8 billion in tax giveaways to corporations. Andy will also work with state and local governments to ensure that we are living up to our constitutional obligation to protect workers’ pensions. Andy will also work to strengthen consumer protections and end predatory business practices which hurt our seniors."
- Excerpt: "Our state ranks dead last in per-person road funding and it shows with all the potholes on our roads. That’s why Andy supports investing in our roads and infrastructure which will put more Michiganders to work and save money over the long term."
Environment and Energy
- Excerpt: "Our lakes and rivers are our most precious resource in Michigan. They drive tourism to the state and are used for transportation. Andy is a strong supporter of protecting the Great Lakes from pollution and invasive species."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Andy Helmboldt defeated Dave Morgan and Terris Todd in the Democratic primary. John Bizon defeated Art Kale in the Republican primary. Bizon defeated Helmboldt in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 62 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Helmboldt + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 62
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Andy Helmboldt on Facebook
- Andy Helmboldt on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- andyhelmboldt.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |