|Alaska House of Representatives, District 17|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 22, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Josephson served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Labor & Commerce|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Josephson served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Labor & Commerce|
|• Legislative Budget and Audit|
|• Legislative Ethics|
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District 15 incumbent Andrew L. "Andy" Josephson was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Josephson ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 15. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Josephson won in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Andrew L. Josephson||57.7%||3,142|
Comprehensive donor information for Josephson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Josephson raised a total of $71,901 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
|Andy Josephson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 15||$71,901|
|Grand Total Raised||$71,901|
2012Josephson won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Josephson raised a total of $71,901.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andy Josephson's campaign in 2012|
|Alaska House Democratic Campaign Cmte||$10,136|
|Josephson, Andrew L (Andy)||$3,410|
|Alaska State Employees Association Local 52||$1,500|
|Alaska Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Public Employees Local 71 Political League Campaign Fund||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$71,901|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- Legislators are scored on "how supportive they are of Alaska’s private business sector."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Andy + Josephson + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 17
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed January 1, 2015
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 25, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Josephson, Andrew L (Andy)," accessed August 1, 2013
- Alaska Business Report Card, "About ABRC," accessed September 11, 2014
Geran Tarr (D)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 15
| Succeeded by|
Gabrielle LeDoux (R)