|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23|
Linko's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Restore funding to our schools
- Excerpt: "Since 2011, the Michigan Legislature has stripped away funding from schools in the amount of $3 billion. That number shocks me, and it should shock you as well. Supporting our kids and making sure their schools get the funding they need is one of my top priorities."
Roll back tax increases on middle-class families and seniors
- Excerpt: "Recent tax law changes have resulted in individuals paying 32 percent more in taxes while corporations pay much less. This is simply unfair, and it’s making it difficult for middle-class families and seniors to make ends meet. I will restore the tax credits and deductions families rely on, and get rid of the new retirement tax on seniors."
Bring back funding for police and fire services
- Excerpt: "Public safety is one of the most important resources to make a community prosper, not only to set down roots and raise a family, but to build a business as well. Without police and fire services, residents don’t feel safe, and I will do everything I can to bring these public safety necessities back to full strength."
Support small-business owners and help them create jobs
- Excerpt: "I know that the past few years have been challenging ones for entrepreneurs. We must support and encourage small business owners, so that they can create jobs and put people back to work."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. David Haener defeated Andy Linko and Bob Ptaszynski in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Pat Somerville was unopposed in the Republican primary. Somerville defeated Haener in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Pat Somerville Incumbent||52.1%||16,060|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Linko's endorsements included the following:
- Congressman John D. Dingell
- Wyandotte Mayor Joe Peterson
- Flat Rock Mayor Jon Dropiewski
- Detroit News
- UAW Region 1A
- AFL-CIO MI
- Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union
- Michigan Townships Association
- American Federation of Teachers - Michigan
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters U.B.C.J.A.
- BCTGM Local #326
- Trenton City Councilman Steven Rzeppa
- Laborers' Union
- Brownstown Trustee Brian Peters
- Michigan Nurses Association
- Wayne County Commissioner Raymond Basham
- Teamsters Local #337
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local #876
- AFSCME Council 25
- Gibralter Councilman Brian Arp
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Linko + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 23
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Andy Linko on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- andylinko.com, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- andylinko.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 28, 2014 (dead link)
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |