|Indiana State Senate, District 41|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Talarzyk attended the University of Southern Indiana. His professional experience includes working in the marketing industry.
Talarzyk's website emphasized the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "There are several issues concerning education in the state of Indiana. As a father to two young children and a husband to a school social worker, these issues are very important to me, as they should be to all Hoosiers."
Voucher Program & Charter Schools
- Excerpt: "I am firmly opposed to the idea of spending Taxpayer money to fund private schools, religious organizations, or charter schools."
Teacher Pay & Assessments
- Excerpt: "Our educators are trusted with our greatest national resource, and I support paying them fairly to be so charged."
- Excerpt: "One of the most egregious pieces of legislation that the Republican majority has tried to push through recently has been the marriage amendment (HJR-3). I cannot use strong enough words to convey my distaste for this bill."
The Middle Class
- Excerpt: "Whenever I have the opportunity to speak to people across the district, I am told about the concerns for the middle class. While our state has worked diligently to line the pockets of large corporations, working Hoosiers have seen their tax burden increase. In Johnson County, where I live, 15% more children are on free and reduced lunch programs than 8 years ago. We need to stop focusing on doing whats best for millionaires, and start doing what is best for working families in Indiana."
- Excerpt: "The best way for me to approach this subject is to say that I am not a woman, and therefore it is hard for me to speak on this subject with the same authority. However, I am a parent, and as such I know that the life of a child is an amazing thing not to be taken lightly."
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Andy Talarzyk was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Greggory F. Walker was unopposed in the Republican primary. Talarzyk, Walker and Damian Stanziano (L) will face off in the general election. Stanziano filed to run on July 2, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Talarzyk + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana State Senate District 41
- Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
- Indiana State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Andy Talarzyk on Facebook
- Andy Talarzyk on Twitter
- Official candidate list
- andyfor41.com, "Who is Andy," accessed August 28, 2014
- andyfor41.com, "Where I Stand," accessed August 28, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed August 11, 2014