|Mississippi State Senate, District 40|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Associate's||Pearl River Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
Hill graduated from Pearl River Community College and earned her B.S. in Science Education from the University of Southern Mississippi. Her professional experience includes teaching at Pearl River Central Elementary and Roseland Park Baptist Church Academy and working for Paul Bounds Inc., a small Picayune-based business.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, Vice Chair|
|• Environmental Protection, Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Judiciary, Division B|
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
|• Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res|
|• Judiciary, Division B|
On her website, Hill highlighted the following campaign themes:
- smaller government
- less regulation
- lower taxes
- a balanced budget
- protection of the unborn
- protection of gun ownership
- states rights
- enforcement of immigration laws
- constitutional authority in governing
She "believes stewardship of public funds and accountability to taxpayers is required of all legislators," and pledges not to make holding public office a life-long career.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2015
Elections for the office of Mississippi State Senate will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Hill won election to Mississippi Senate District 40. She defeated Mike Griffith in the primary on August 2, 2011, and defeated incumbent Sidney Albritton in a primary runoff election on August 23, 2011. She faced no opposition in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate District 40 Republican Primary Runoff, 2011|
|Sidney Albritton Incumbent||47.7%||3,154|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 40 Republican Primary, 2011|
|Sidney Albritton Incumbent||43.2%||4,259|
In 2011, Hill received $16,180 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Angela Hill's campaign in 2011|
|Hill, Richard B||$3,205|
|Hill, Richard Byron||$1,265|
|Mar PAC (Ms Realtors)||$1,000|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Poultry Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$16,180|
|Total Votes received in 2011||3,452|
|Cost of each vote received||$4.69|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Hill and her husband, Richard, have two children and two grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Angela + Hill + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Angela-Hill.com, Main page, accessed July 29, 2011 (timed out)
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Department of State, "2011 Official State Senate Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2015
- Clarion Ledger, "Longwitz, Harkins apparent winners in GOP Senate races," August 23, 2011
- WDAM "Election 2011 Runoff Results," August 23, 2011
- Sun Herald, "Legislative incumbents toppled," August 23, 2011
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
Sidney Albritton (R)
|Mississippi State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|