|Mississippi State Senate, District 16|
|January 23, 2013 – present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||January 15, 2013|
|Next general||November 2015|
|Date of birth||July 2, 1971|
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Turner served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• Judiciary, Division A|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
Turner won election in the special election for District 16 of the Mississippi State Senate. The seat was vacant following Bennie Turner's (D) death on November 27, 2012.Turner defeated Kenny Fowler (I) in the special election, which took place on January 15. Candidates had until December 17, 2012 to file. Special elections in Mississippi are nonpartisan.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 16, Special Election, 2013|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Angela + Turner + Mississippi + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- WJTV, "Newest Member of Mississippi Senate to be Sworn-In Today," January 23, 2013
- Clarion Ledger, "Special Election Set For Seat Held By The Late-Sen. Bennie Turner," December 6, 2012
- The Republic, "2 qualify to run in special election to replace the late Sen. Bennie Turner," December 18, 2012
- The Republic, "Angela Lairy wins special election to Miss. Senate to replace late father Bennie Turner," January 15, 2013
- sos.ms.gov, "Official election results," accessed November 15, 2013
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
Bennie Turner (D)
|Mississippi State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|