|U.S. House, Ohio, District 5|
|Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West, Governing Board|
|Bachelor's||University of Toledo|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 5th Congressional District
Angela Zimmann for House campaign logo.
She is a Lutheran pastor and has led her congregation for eight years. She also works as a professor at Bowling Green State University, where she teaches writing.
In February 2012, the grassroots organization Democracy for America, founded by Howard Dean, named Zimmann one of the top 10 progressive candidates in the 2012 U.S. House races.
- See also: Ohio's 5th Congressional District elections, 2012
Zimmann was defeated by incumbent Bob Latta. Zimmann ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 5th District. Zimmann ran unopposed in the primary on March 6, 2012. She was defeated by incumbent Rep. Bob Latta (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Ohio in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats retake the House or Republicans hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
Above is a breakdown of funds for the 2012 election, according to source.
Miller lost the United States House of Representatives election in 2012. During that election cycle, Miller's campaign committee raised a total of $475,155 and spent $471,028.
|United States House of Representatives, 2012 - Angela Zimmann Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Angela Zimmann's campaign committee|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$7,700|
|United Food & Commercial Workers Union||$7,500|
|Sheet Metal Workers Union||$5,000|
|United Auto Workers||$5,000
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$18,200
- ↑ Ohiodailyblog.com, "Angela Zimmann files to run for Bob "Who?" Latta's congressional seat," accessed January 18, 2012
- ↑ Huffington Post, "Democracy For America Names Top 10 Progressive House Candidates For 2012," accessed February 16, 2012
- ↑ Politico, "2012 Election Map, Ohio"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, " 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 2013