Angelo "Doc" Mancuso
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Alabama State Senate, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
was a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 4
of the Alabama State Senate
Mancuso's professional experience includes working as a dermatologic surgeon.
Mancuso's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
||The Doc Mancuso Plan
- Refuse a legislative salary.
- Reduce current legislative salaries of $56,618 to 1998 levels, which is a decrease of over $26,000.
- Support a temporary Medicaid expansion program that will act as a safety net for people who have lost their jobs or fallen on hard times.
- Fight against higher tuition at our state colleges where it becomes a burden on students and their families.
- Work to make our schools better by funding vocational careers starting in seventh grade, increase college ready classes in high school, and secure funding for virtual libraries.
- Provide tax incentives for new and established businesses that create full time jobs for Alabama.
- Secure funding to improve and build new roads.
- Hold town hall meetings frequently in order to hear citizens' concerns and suggestions on how he can help.
- Support term limits on state-elected officials.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Angelo Mancuso was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Paul Bussman defeated Bruce Whitlock in the Republican primary. Bussman defeated Mancuso in the general election.
|Alabama State Senate District 4, General Election, 2014
||Paul Bussman Incumbent
|| Angelo Mancuso
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 Republican Primary, 2014
Paul Bussman Incumbent
| Bruce Whitlock
- ↑ Doc Mancuso for State Senate, "About Doc Mancuso," accessed August 26, 2014
- ↑ docmancusoforsenate.com, "The Issues," accessed September 16, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- ↑ Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- ↑ Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- ↑ Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014