|Maryland State Senate, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Anita Riley was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joseph Getty was unopposed in the Republican primary. Getty faces Riley in the general election.
Riley was unopposed in the September 14 Democratic and was defeated by incumbent Susan Krebs (R) in the general election, which took place on November 2.primary. In the November 2 general election she lost to Republican incumbent Susan Krebs.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anita + Riley + Maryland + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 Election results," accessed March 3, 2014