|Michigan Commissioner of Insurance|
|November 1, 2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||October 15, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Rick Snyder (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan|
|J.D.||Wayne State University|
At the time of her appointment by Gov. Rick Snyder to head Michigan's Department of Insurance and Financial Services, Flood was chief deputy for the department. Prior to serving in state government, she was executive vice president and chief operating officer of American Physicians Capital Inc. Her professional background also includes working as senior vice president, corporate secretary and legal counsel of ProNational Insurance Co.
Flood is a registered nurse, having earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Michigan. In addition, she holds a law degree from Wayne State University and is a member of the Michigan State Bar.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing - University of Michigan
- Juris Doctor - Wayne State University
Michigan Commissioner of Insurance (2013-present)
Flood was named commissioner of insurance by Gov. Rick Snyder on October 15, 2013, following previous officeholder Kevin Clinton's appointment as Michigan's new state treasurer. Clinton was appointed to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Andy Dillon, effective November 1, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ann + Flood + Michigan + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Republic, "Michigan governor names insurance director Clinton as next state treasurer to replace Dillon," October 15, 2013
- Michigan Live, "Michigan Treasurer Andy Dillon resigns, citing messy divorce and media scrutiny," October 10, 2013
- Detroit News Lansing Bureau, "Kevin Clinton becomes Michigan's state treasurer," October 15, 2013
- The Insurance-Journal, "Flood appointed Michigan's Insurance Director; Clinton Named State Treasurer," October 16, 2013
|Michigan Commissioner of Insurance
2013 - present
| Succeeded by|