|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 50B|
|1999 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 3, 1998|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Councilmember, City of Bloomington|
|1994 – 1998|
|Bachelor's||College of Saint Benedict|
|Birthday||May 9, 1960|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Lenczewski served on the Bloomington City Council from 1994 to 1998.
Lenczewski earned her B.A. in Psychology from the College of Saint Benedict, and attended the Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lenczewski served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
|• Taxes, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lenczewski served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lenczewski served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Taxes, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
Lenczewski's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Property Tax Relief
- Reform and Redesign
- Fiscal Prudence
- Transparency and Accountability
- Chief Author of Jobs Bill
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Ann Lenczewski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Zavier Bicott was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Lenczewski won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 50B. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Richard Bohnen (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 50B, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ann Lenczewski Incumbent||65.4%||14,800|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 40B (2010)|
|Ann Lenczewski (DFL)||9,612||59.67%|
|Sanu Patel-Zellinger (R)||6,474||40.19%|
Ann Lenczewski raised $64,191 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 40B (2008)|
|Ann Lenczewski (DFL)||14,066||65.59%|
|Bob Green (R)||7,335||34.20%|
Comprehensive donor information for Lenczewski is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Lenczewski raised a total of $406,520 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Ann Lenczewski's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 50B||$69,225|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 40B||$55,910|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 40B||$64,191|
|2006||Minnesota House, District 40B||$54,804|
|2004||Minnesota House, District 40B||$45,471|
|2002||Minnesota House, District 40B||$44,078|
|2000||Minnesota House, District 40B||$42,644|
|1998||Minnesota House, District 40B||$30,197|
|Grand Total Raised||$406,520|
2012Lenczewski won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lenczewski raised a total of $69,225.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ann Lenczewski's campaign in 2012|
|50th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$750|
|Lockridge Grindal Nauen||$500|
|Minnesota Multi Housing Association||$300|
|Minneapolis Dental Association||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$69,225|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Lenczewski received $55,910 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ann Lenczewski's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Senate Dist 40 DFL||$700|
|Service Employees International Union||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$55,910|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Ann Lenczewski's 2008 campaign.
|40th Senate District Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,950|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Lenczewski is married with four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ann + Lenczewski + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lenczewski
- "lenczewski," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "All Races by Legislative District," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Lenczewski's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Lenczewski, Ann," accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Katherine Knuth (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 50B
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 40B
| Succeeded by|
Debra Hilstrom (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |