|Utah State Senate, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Millner's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Utah is growing. Strong economic development should be a primary focus.
- Excerpt: "I support free enterprise and limited government which allow a talented workforce, bright and innovative entrepreneurs, and small and large businesses to contribute to a growing economy. I support strategic partnerships with our business community to solve challenges and leverage our opportunities."
Education – Looking toward our Future
- Excerpt: "We can’t draw a sharp line between education and economic development, and we can’t have one without the other. I am convinced there are only two ways for Utah to compete in today’s global economy: we can either be cheaper, or smarter. We must choose smarter. That is why education has to be job one."
Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "It is our great fortune to live in such a beautiful place with such convenient access to our canyons, streams, lakes and trails. Our cost of living is modest and we have an abundance of outstanding cultural and recreational opportunities. We have access to excellent health and medical treatment centers. It doesn’t take long to realize Utah is a great place to live. As we grow, we need to assure that we preserve, protect and even enhance that quality of life."
- Excerpt: "Health care is complex, and because of recent government actions, allows the states only limited control. The problem with the Affordable Care Act is its top down, one size fits all design. The ACA fails to address many of the problems."
- Excerpt: "I will make driving efficiency in state government one of my top priorities. Where there is waste or duplication, we need to cut it out. Where we’ve lost track of our real priorities, we need to get back on track by respecting every tax dollar and seeing to its proper use."
- See also: Utah State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Utah State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Mat Wenzel was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Ann Millner defeated Lars Birkeland in the Republican convention. Wenzel will face Millner and Dwight Steffner (L) in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ann + Millner + Utah + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah State Senate District 18
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ann Millner on Facebook
- Ann Millner on Twitter