Ann V.S. Schott
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Schott's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Reducing property taxes through a fair school funding formula
- Excerpt: "As your legislator, I’ll fight to enact a school funding formula to ensure that rural, fast-growing, and high-need school districts get their fair share."
Closing corporate tax loopholes
- Excerpt: "As your representative, I’ll work with advocacy groups, small business leaders, and legislators of both parties to level the playing field between big corporations and local job creators, and ensure homeowners aren’t subsidizing record corporate profits."
Instituting a fair natural gas extraction tax
- Excerpt: "As your representative in Harrisburg, I’ll stand up to the special interests; strengthen oversight of natural gas drilling to protect our environment; and support Tom Wolf’s efforts to enact a 5 percent extraction tax that will allow us to meet our state’s core obligations."
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I’ll work to drain legislative reserves and reduce the General Assembly’s budget by 20 percent—the same degree of cuts imposed by this governor and my opponent on several essential state programs, including support for public higher education. I’ll lead by example and reduce costs for the 13th District legislative office by 20 percent from current levels."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent John Lawrence was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Ann V.S. Schott was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lawrence defeated Schott in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 13 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John Lawrence Incumbent||62.9%||10,280|
|Democratic||Ann V.S. Schott||37.1%||6,061|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ann + Schott + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 13
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- Ann for PA, "Platform," accessed September 3, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |