|Tulsa City Council, District 7|
|December 1, 2014-Present|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Tulsa|
On her campaign website, America highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Anna is focused on making sure the City is doing the most effective, efficient job possible to provide core City services such as safe neighborhoods, good streets, clean water and efficient trash service. She will bring that scrutiny to every decision that comes before the Council – and do it in an open, accountable way so citizens know exactly how their money is being spent."
- Excerpt: "Tulsa depends on sales tax revenue for funding, and District 7 is home to the bulk of the City’s sales tax-producing businesses. If District 7 businesses aren’t doing well, the City as a whole suffers. Recent declining revenues have meant cuts in important services, like fewer police and fire recruits. Anna is committed to working to strengthen and support local business so that can provide good jobs and generate the sales tax revenue we need to have a healthy, vibrant city."
- Excerpt: "Good schools are a major reason people choose to live in District 7, and keeping schools strong is an important part of a healthy city. As a councilor, Anna will look for ways that the city and school districts can work together to improve services and increase efficiency, to make sure taxpayers are getting the best bang for their buck."
The city of Tulsa, Oklahoma held nonpartisan city council elections on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014, for races in which more than two candidates filed to run. In the District 7 primary election, incumbent Arianna Moore and Anna America advanced past Eric Turley. America defeated Moore in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anna + America + Tulsa"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Tulsa, Oklahoma city council elections, 2014
- United States municipal elections, 2014
- Tulsa World, "Council, other seats to be inaugurated Monday," December 1, 2014
- America for Council, "Issues," accessed on October 1, 2014
- Tulsa World, "Ewing, Cue, Henderson win re-election; one seat still undecided," June 25, 2014
- Tulsa County, "Official candidate list," accessed June 30, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
|Tulsa City Council, District 7
December 1, 2014-Present
| Succeeded by|