|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 57B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wills served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Finance|
|• Education Policy|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
Wills's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Government does not create jobs. It is government’s responsibility to create a healthy environment for job growth by reducing tax and regulatory burdens that are currently stifling Minnesota businesses."
- Excerpt: "I will fight for lower taxes and fiscal responsibility in state spending by closely examining our government programs to eliminate fraud, abuse and duplicative services because government needs to live within its means."
- Excerpt: "I support policies and innovative ways to ensure that we can attract and retain the best teachers. I support school choice to give parents the flexibility to provide their children with the educational opportunities that work best for their families."
- Excerpt: "However, with rising costs in health care, we need innovative reforms to promote a patient-centered, sustainable system that encourages marketplace competition. These reforms will make health care more affordable and accessible while ensuring that consumers remain in control of their own health care decisions."
Wills won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 57B. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Jeff Wilfahrt (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 57B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Wills is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wills raised a total of $33,758 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
|Anna Wills's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 57B||$33,758|
|Grand Total Raised||$33,758|
2012Wills won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wills raised a total of $33,758.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anna Wills's campaign in 2012|
|57th Senate District RPM New||$2,000|
|6th Congressional District RPM||$1,500|
|2nd Congressional District RPM||$700|
|Hubbard, Stanley S.||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,758|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anna + Wills + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- "willsforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Wills, Anna." Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
Denny McNamara (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 57B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |