|Anne C. Hajek|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, 1973|
|Master's||South Dakota State University, 1976|
|J.D.||University of South Dakota Law School, 1990|
Hajek attended South Dakota State University, earning her bachelor's degree in 1973 and her master's degree in 1976. She then attended the University of South Dakota Law School in 1990.
Hajek is a practicing lawyer. She previously worked as an educator, science instructor, and counselor at the middle school level.
Hajek was elected to the Sioux Falls City Council in 1994 and re-elected in 1996. She was then elected to the Minnehaha County commission in 2002 and re-elected in 2006, choosing not to run in 2010.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hajek served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Hajek outlined the major issues of her campaign:
"The key issues I see facing our State are economic development and education. With more federal mandates on the horizon, our State will face unprecedented financial pressures. So we need to concentrate on prudent and effective use of taxpayer dollars and eliminate waste. That also means wisely using valuable legislative time to work on matters critical to shaping a great future for the people who make South Dakota their home."
Hajek won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 14. Hajek advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Anna C. Hajek||37%||946|
|Larry P. Zikmund||34.5%||882|
|R. Shawn Tornow Incumbent||28.4%||726|
Comprehensive donor information for Anne Hajek is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Anne Hajek raised a total of $37,071 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Anne Hajek's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 14||$37,071|
|Grand Total Raised||$37,071|
2012Anne Hajek won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Anne Hajek raised a total of $37,071.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anne Hajek's campaign in 2012|
|GOP House Future Pac||$1,250|
|Hajek, Anne C||$1,000|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$1,000|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|South Dakota Medical Group Management Association Pac||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,071|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Hajek has been affiliated with the following organizations:
- Sioux Falls Park and Recreation Board 1998-2008
- Board of Trustees for South Dakota State University Foundation 2008-present
- Junior Achievement Teacher 2003-present
- YWCA Mentor Program, Mentor 2012
- Women in Giving, SDSU
- South Dakota Association of County Commissioners, Executive Board, 2006-2010
- Bishop’s Review Board for Eastern Diocese of South Dakota, 2004-present
- Wegner Health Science Information Center, Board of Directors, 2003-2006
- South Eastern Council of Governments, Board of Directors 2004-2010
- Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, Francis Shelter, Banquet and Feeding America,
- Minnehaha County Planning Commission, 2003-2006
- Minnehaha County Economic Development Association, Director 2007-2010
- Catholic Family Services for Eastern South Dakota, 1996-2002, Board of Directors and past chair
- Interlakes Community Action, 2003-2004 County Commission Liaison to Board of Directors
- Sioux Empire Fair Association 2008-2010, County Commission Liaison to Board of Directors
- Sioux Falls Human Relations Commission 1991—1994, Board Member, past Chair
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anne + Hajek + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 14
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, May 14, 2012
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Hajek, Anne C," Accessed September 27, 2013
R. Shawn Tornow (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|