|Ohio House of Representatives District 19|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Mayor of Westerville|
|Westerville City Council|
Gonzales served on the Westerville City Council for eight years and as Mayor of Westerville.
Gonzales earned her B.S. from Otterbein College. She served for eight years on the Westerville City Council and was Mayor of Westerville prior to her election to the House.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gonzales served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Appropriations|
|• Health and Aging|
|• Public Utilities|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gonzales served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic and Small Business Development|
|• Health and Aging|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Rules and Reference|
Gonzales' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As our State Representative, Anne will support those who create jobs – not punish them."
- Excerpt: "As a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, Anne Gonzales will fight to create a friendlier business climate that will enable small businesses to stay or relocate to this great state. "
- Excerpt: "Anne Gonzales believes that in order to have a strong educational system, there must be three key components: competition, high standards, and funding oversight."
- Excerpt: "Anne Gonzales believes that our state government needs to start running more efficiently and be held accountable for the taxpayers’ dollars it spends."
Protecting Family Values
- Excerpt: "As a mother of three children, Anne Gonzales understands what it means to protect America’s traditional family values."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Michael Johnston was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Anne Gonzales defeated Meta Hahn in the Republican primary. Chad Monnin is running as a Libertarian candidate. Gonzales, Johnston and Monnin will face off in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 19 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Anne Gonzales Incumbent||72.5%||5,531|
Gonzales won re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 19. Gonzales was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Ryan P. Jolley (D) and Michael Johnston (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Anne Gonzales Incumbent||56.4%||33,716|
|Democratic||Ryan P. Jolley||43.6%||26,088|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 19|
|Anne Gonzales (R)||29,191||52.68%|
|Marian Harris (D)||23,454||42.32%|
|Michael Johnston (L)||2,771||5.00%|
In 2014, Gonzales ' endorsements include the following:
- Ohio Nurses Association
- Ohio Restaurant Association
- NFIB – Voice of Small Business
- Ohio Farm Bureau
- Buckeye Firearms Association
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Ohio League of Conservation Voters
- International Union of Operating Engineers
- Ohio Manufacturing Association
- United Conservatives of Ohio – Watchdog of the Treasury Award
- The Columbus Dispatch
Comprehensive donor information for Gonzales is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Gonzales raised a total of $596,782 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Anne Gonzales's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 19||$347,824|
|2010||Ohio State House, District 19||$248,958|
|Grand Total Raised||$596,782|
2012Gonzales won re-election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gonzales raised a total of $347,824.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anne Gonzales's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Republican Party||$30,154|
|Suarez, Benjamin D.||$11,500|
|Suarez, Nancy E.||$11,500|
|American Electric Power||$10,000|
|Time Warner Cable||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$347,824|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Gonzales won election to the Ohio State House in 2010. During that election cycle, Gonzales raised a total of $248,958.
|Ohio State House 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anne Gonzales's campaign in 2010|
|Ohio Republican Party||$82,971|
|Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee||$46,000|
|Ohio Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Gonzales, Anne H.||$4,223|
|Baas, Gary H.||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$248,958|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gonzales and her husband, John, have three children. They currently reside in Westerville, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anne + Gonzales + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- annegonzales.org, "Issues," accessed April 23, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Ohio Leadership Team," February 28, 2012(Archived)
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State “2012 primary results”
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Representative: Results for general election on November 2, 2010," accessed June 11, 2014
- annegonzales.org, "Endorsements," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gonzales, Anne," accessed June 1, 2013
Marian Harris (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |