Anne Marie Gurney
|Anne Marie Gurney|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Oregon House of Representatives District 45|
Gurney ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 45. Gurney was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Michael Dembrow (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Dembrow Incumbent||82.5%||24,403|
|Republican||Anne Marie Gurney||17.5%||5,177|
Gurney's campaign website listed three main issues:
- Create Jobs: "Oregon desperately needs jobs. Anne Marie will aggressively work to preserve and promote the expansion of private-sector jobs."
- Fiscal Responsibility: "The system is broke. We need budget reform right now. Oregon taxpayers have to live on a budget. So should Oregon. Anne Marie will aggressively work to put state government on a responsible spending routine."
- Fix Education: "Education is Oregon’s future. Anne Marie recognizes educational choice is imperative to give every student the best education possible. She will look for opportunities to promote school choice and increase budget accountability."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anne + Marie + Gurney + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- 2010 Abigail Adams Survey
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014