|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 85|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Braidwood's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Restoring educational opportunity
While teaching in schools across the district for several years I experienced firsthand the importance of quality schools and teachers for the development of our children. Michigan’s legislature has cut nearly two billion dollars a year from K-12 education, while increasing funding to private charter and cyber schools that continue to profit from taxpayer dollars while cutting the quality of education for our children. I’m running because I want to make sure our community has the best schools we can provide our children and families. Massive defunding has left many school districts without enough resources to provide experienced teachers, character-building extra-curriculars, and necessary courses. If we want our children to succeed, we need to equip them with well-rounded skills and experiences that prepare them for well-paying jobs.
Investing in Michigan workers
Respecting commitments to our seniors
Making middle-class families a priority
Passing Equal Pay for Equal Work Legislation
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Annie Braidwood was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ben Glardon defeated George Sode in the Republican primary. Glardon defeated Braidwood and Roger Snyder (L) in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 85 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ben Glardon Incumbent||52.6%||16,881|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 85 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ben Glardon Incumbent||82.9%||6,542|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Annie + Braidwood + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 85
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Committee to Elect Annie Braidwood, "On the Issues," accessed October 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |