|Board member, Bulloch County Board of Education, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
- See also: Bulloch County Schools elections (2014)
Anshul Jain lost to challenger Jay Cook, Jr. for the District 6 seat in the general election on May 20, 2014.
|Bulloch County Schools, District 6 General Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Jay Cook, Jr.||52.1%||407|
|Nonpartisan||Anshul Jain Incumbent||47.9%||374|
|Source: Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election - May 20, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014|
Jain did not file a campaign finance report with the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission during the election.
Jain did not receive any endorsements during the election.
Jain ran unopposed and won the District 6 seat on November 2, 2010.
About the district
- See also: Bulloch County Schools, Georgia
Bulloch County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Georgia in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 26.9 percent of Bulloch County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 27.8 percent for Georgia as a whole. The median household income in Bulloch County was $34,403 compared to $49,604 for the state of Georgia. The poverty rate in Bulloch County was 31.3 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anshul + Jain + Bulloch + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission, "Campaign Reports - Name Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- Statesboro Herald, "New voices, ideas for Bulloch school board," November 2, 2010
- United States Census Bureau, "Bulloch County, Georgia," accessed May 8, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 21, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Current and Past Election Results," accessed May 8, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Bulloch County Schools Elections|
|Bulloch County, Georgia|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 2: • Incumbent, Mike Sparks|
District 6: • Incumbent, Anshul Jain • Jay Cook, Jr.
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|