|Washington House of Representatives, District 49a|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Service's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Our education system needs a warrior who will kick down the excuses that have been piled up as to why our state has not yet given the proper funding and attention that our students must have. I am that warrior, and I will challenge the pet programs and standardized testing disasters instituted by politicians that have wasted hundreds of millions of dollars of your children’s education money."
Reducing Crime by Addressing the Real Problem
- Excerpt: "As your Representative I plan to make changes and write bills that will directly drop the crime rate by specifically addressing the causes of many violent crimes. The reality is that the most violent of crimes have been committed by or involve individuals suffering from severe mental health disorders, substance addiction and abuse problems, and other brain related disorder, most of which do not receive proper treatment."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "As your new and fresh Representative I will advocate for Vancouver as a border city and will do everything in my skill set to ensure this type of bill never passes until Oregon adopts their own sales tax system, which may never happen."
Transportation That Works
- Excerpt: "I am in favor of a safe, affordable I-5 bridge to cross the Columbia River that meets our current and future needs to increase economic growth in our city."
More Protection for our Elderly and Vulnerable Citizens
- Excerpt: "Stricter laws need to be passed and tougher penalties for messing with the elderly and vulnerable need to be put in place to scare would be criminals away from our state. Education needs to be increased and resources must be put in place to assist potential victims from being scammed in the first place."
Elections for the office of Washington House of Representatives will consist of a blanket primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Sharon Wylie (D) will face Anson Service (R) and Scott Dalesandro (I) in the primary.
- Gun Owners Action League of Washington
- Human Life PAC
- A. J. Gomez
- Stephen Mosier
- Robert Service
- PC Plumbing
- Bob Watkins
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anson + Service + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Anson Service on Facebook
- Anson Service on YouTube
- Anson Service on LinkedIn
- Washington State Legislature
- Profile by Vote-USA
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |