|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
Beal currently represents Chicago's 9th Ward, a position he has served in since 1999. During his tenure, he has served on the city's Finance and Budget committee, and he currently chairs the Transportation and Public Way committee.
Beale's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Economic Development/Jobs
- Excerpt: "Fast track construction of the South Suburban Airport, which will create tens of thousands of immediate and future local jobs, re-establish Illinois’ preeminence as a transportation hub and address a nationally needed expansion of airspace capacity."
- Education/Preparing for Opportunity
- Excerpt: "Find funds to seed 2nd CD institutions of higher learning “think tanks” and business incubators to stimulate new ideas, produce professionals with a stake in local growth, and help match educational priorities with community needs."
- Public Safety/Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "As a sponsor of Chicago’s gun ordinance, continue advocating for commonsense legislation, including a ban on assault weapons."
He also included a plan for economic development in the 2nd congressional district here.
Beale ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Beale lost in the Democratic primary to Robin Kelly.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Denise Anita Hill||0%||4|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
Beal and his wife, Dana, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Beale + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The mayor gets the City Council to bury the elected school board issue (again) - Chicago Reader
- Rahm Emanuel's next Ventra headache: minority contracting - Chicago Sun-Times
- Durbin says he'll introduce Pullman national park bill - Chicago Business Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Collected news and commentary archive at the Chicago Reader
- Collected news and commentary at the Chicago Tribune
- ↑ Chicago Tribune, "Candidates start filing for Jackson Jr.'s old seat in Congress," January 3, 2013
- ↑ Chicago Tribune, "Kelly wins lottery for top spot on ballot to replace Jackson Jr.," January 8, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 BealforCongress.com "About Anthony," accessed February 20, 2013
- ↑ Bealeforcongress.com "Issues," accessed February 20, 2013
- ↑ AP.org "Illinois - Summary Vote Results," accessed February 26, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |