|Chicago City Council, Ward 9|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 13, 1999|
|Next general||February 24, 2015|
Beale's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Economic Development/Jobs
- Excerpt: "Fast track construction of the South Suburban Airport, which will create tens of thousands of immediate and future local jobs, re-establish Illinois’ preeminence as a transportation hub and address a nationally needed expansion of airspace capacity."
- Education/Preparing for Opportunity
- Excerpt: "Find funds to seed 2nd CD institutions of higher learning “think tanks” and business incubators to stimulate new ideas, produce professionals with a stake in local growth, and help match educational priorities with community needs."
- Public Safety/Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "As a sponsor of Chicago’s gun ordinance, continue advocating for commonsense legislation, including a ban on assault weapons."
He also included a plan for economic development in the 2nd Congressional District here.
The city of Chicago, Illinois will hold elections for city council on February 24, 2015. A runoff, if necessary, will take place on April 7, 2015. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 24, 2014. In the general election for Ward 9, incumbent Anthony Beale will face Harold "Noonie" Ward, Curtiss Llong Bey, Marcia Brown, Theodore "Ted" Williams and Agin Muhammad II.
Beale ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Beale lost in the Democratic primary to Robin Kelly.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Special Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Denise Anita Hill||0%||4|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Beale + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- City of Chicago, "Ward 9," accessed on November 25, 2014
- Chicago Tribune, "Candidates start filing for Jackson Jr.'s old seat in Congress," January 3, 2013
- Chicago Tribune, "Kelly wins lottery for top spot on ballot to replace Jackson Jr.," January 8, 2013
- Bealeforcongress.com, "Issues," accessed February 20, 2013
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "2015 Election Calendar," accessed August 21, 2014
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, "General Election Candidate List," accessed on December 3, 2014
- AP.org, "Illinois - Summary Vote Results," accessed February 26, 2013
|Chicago City Council, Ward 9
| Succeeded by|