Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Anthony Daniels was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Elbert Peters was unopposed in the Republican primary. Daniels will face Christopher Horn (R) in the general election. Horn was selected to replace Peters on April 7, 2014. Peters withdrew on April 1, 2014, after realizing he did not live in the district.
- AL.com, "Over Democrats' protest, Republicans pursuing replacement candidate for House race in Huntsville," April 7, 2014
- AL.com, "Elbert Peters, GOP candidate for House District 53 race, resigns candidacy after realizing he doesn't live in district," April 2, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|