|Alabama House of Representatives, District 53|
|November 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Daniels served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Commerce and Small Business|
|• Madison County Legislation|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Anthony Daniels was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Elbert Peters (R) withdrew on April 1, 2014, after realizing he did not live in the district.. Christopher Horn (R) was selected to replace Peters on April 7, 2014. Daniels then defeated Horn in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 53, General Election, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of March 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Daniels + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from the Alabama House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Anthony Daniels on Facebook
- Anthony Daniels on Twitter
- Anthony Daniels on Instagram
- AL.com, "Elbert Peters, GOP candidate for House District 53 race, resigns candidacy after realizing he doesn't live in district," April 2, 2014
- AL.com, "Over Democrats' protest, Republicans pursuing replacement candidate for House race in Huntsville," April 7, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
Anthony "Alann" Johnson (D)
|Alabama House District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|